Earn Your Degree with Honors
Stand out from the crowd and earn your degree with honors. The honors program is for students who are passionate about learning
and working in an international setting. Students in this program will study abroad for longer durations and exceed academic standards.
International College Honor students would be required to:
- Obtain mastery of a language other than the student's native language documented by any combination of course work, placement tests, and appropriate evidence of mastery through other documentation. Course work completed abroad is permitted
- Engage in an approved international experience which could include participation in the CityU mobility program, participation in a more traditional year-long study abroad experience, or participation in a short –term service learning project abroad
- Successfully complete (minimum 2.5 grade in each class) a total of six courses with the global designation (see note below*)
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Complete a capstone project with a global focus (i.e. subject/focus or work with multiple country students)
*global designation courses are courses that strongly integrate international and global content via case study, projects, and readings;
or are co-taught/delivered by faculty from a non-US locations; courses taught during the short term study abroad experiences delivered
in non-US locations; or courses that are paired in a specific term (U.S. and Non-US location) and require activities between students of the two classes.
**upon year three of the project when designated University sponsored housing is in full force, a specific grouping of some housing will be the
"International House" focused on building cross-cultural understanding through shared community.